Saturday, June 6

Last day on vacation...

Posted by John

So at the beginning of the week....I wasn't sure this was going to be a good week...but He has shown me many things this week. He brought the opportunities for conversations, understanding, patience...and has shown me just how important family is. God is SO good!!

So on the last day of vacation, we went to the North Carolina Aquarium. Only about 30 mins down the road from where we were staying in Nags Head. The girls seemed to have a blast looking at the fish, and shark tanks! Emma LOVED the turtles..and Bailey loved every fish from "Finding Nemo".



We walked around the Aquarium for what seemed like ALL DAY!! In fact, it was only like an hour or something like that. Anyway, stopped in the gift shop and let Bailey and Emma pick out a stuffed animal (or two)...bought a few shot glasses-NOT because I drink a lot...but anytime I go somewhere, I try and buy one or two shot glasses that are "different". I have probably 40 glasses now...and each of them are unique...and have personality.






After we left the aquarium...we went home for some lunch. Then Mom, laura, meghan...went shopping, Emma took a nap...and I crashed on my bed to watch a movie. Don't even remember what movie it was now....but just needed some down time. Around 3 I took the girls out to the pool for one last swim...and then dinner IS served. Nothing special tonight, just some pizza...but it was good.Then I went outside to pack the car. The girls cleaned up their stuff....while I packed...and I had the chance to chat with Joey outside...catching up on some life stuff. Then we went inside to watch the Penguin hockey game.

I headed downstairs to finish putting my stuff together..and had a good conversation with my sister in law...who we have never really talked...but it was really good. Then I came in and hit the bed. Watching "gone in 60 seconds" - Great movie!

So anyway, it's Saturday night, as I lay here in bed...I'm so greatful for the opportunity to spend time with the family and get away from the hustle and bustle and stress of life. It was a great week! I am eager to get back...and get right back into everything.

The next few months appear to be promising, and I'm sure there will be difficult times...and stressful times for sure...but the future looks bright. The sun keeps rising and setting...the wind keeps refreshing the air, and the flowers keep blooming, gracing the earth with God's beauty! Oh Happy Day!!


And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you, and make you strong, firm and steadfast.To him be the power forever and ever. Amen

1 Peter 5:10,11

See everyone back in VA around lunch time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My tunes