Tuesday, June 16

End of the year excitement!!

Posted by John

Well, it's been a little while since my last post...and well, I guess you could say that things have been pretty hectic. Actually, rather EXCITING!! So much has happened in the last week; where to begin?



Last week was full of "firsts" for me! I met some new people, and spent some time with them over dinner. This was our first meeting, and although I had known of them, and very briefly had conversed with them through email, it was quite nice to finally put a face to the name and learn a bit about them, from them.

The rest of my firsts where as a result of the seniors at my school. The graduating class of 2009 was my first 5th grade class I had when I first started teaching back in 2002. So I was feeling a little sentimental towards then and so, I decided to chaperone their Prom, and go with them as a chaperone on their senior trip.

So lets start with Prom. Well, I bought a new suit...and had the priviledge of being able to drive a 2009 Dodge Challenger RT, (white with black accents-VERY COOL!!), and had the honor to accompany MJ to her first prom. It was an extremely great day all around! I must say though, if I were to chaperone another prom, I think I may request NOT to have "dance floor" duties. These kids only know one dance "move" -if you can call it that. Basically it was 300 guys standing behind 300 girls rubbing on each other. I would have been so embarassed if my teachers and administrators were standing right there watching me "dance". Yet the kids, didn't seem to care that we were there...and when we told them to dance a little less close...they just ignored our requests. But with a group that size, it was quite difficult to manage all of those situations. Nevertheless, it was a fun time for us as chaperones...and it appeared that the kids enjoyed themselves as well.

Going with the Graduating theme...my best friend, Patrick graduated with his PhD!! yeah P!!! Anyway, so now it's Dr. Ware. So I went to his party on Saturday night..which was cool because it had been awhile since I have had the chance to hang out with him. So we did some catching up, and celebrating. P's brother was there...and so "shoe" and I spent some time talking and catching up on what's been happening in my life...and where I am currently, professionally and personally. It was so good to talk to shoe again, it has been almost a year since him and i had a chance to talk. So we talked about life, and relationships, both current and past...what may lie ahead in the future...and where I want to be. He said to me that my future looks bright...and that as long as I keep certain things around I will be fine. (you have to know shoe for that to make sense...but it does)





And then Monday was the Senior class trip! Kings Dominion here we come!! Not only did I get to go, but most of the teachers that I hang out with were chaperoning as well...so once we checked in the kids...it was all of us hanging out being kids ourselves once again. Our group was pretty big - MJ, Danielle, Marissa, Sam, Whitney, Me, Brian, Kellen and then Gary and Ben from time to time. Now I have never been on a steel roller coaster...so the plan was to get on one. I mean, I am almost 30...time to grow up and face my fears. Not really a fear, when I was a kid I road the "jack-rabbit" - a wooden roller coaster, and it shook and scared me so much I hadn't been on a roller coaster since. Well, on Monday, I did it!! I rode three steel roller coasters, going upside down for the very first time....spinner corkscrews!!! and had a blast!!






So as far as a weekend of firsts, I think I did really well! I look forward to whatever firsts are coming up this summer, like camping, taking a road trip...going to the beach with friends...whatever!! The future looks so promising...and God is shining down on me and my life...and is showing me that though I have been through some tough stuff...He loves me..and is gonig to take care of me no matter what!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My tunes