Hello everyone, it's been a while since I have updated this...and I was trying to figure out what to write about. And life has presented some things in which I can discuss. So here goes!
This week is SOL testing at my school. So for the past two weeks we have been preparing 600 computers to be ready for the students. Changing out keyboards, screens, reimaging..etc. Well all of our efforts were realized this Monday when the first test session began. There were a few problems...and stress levels were high for some people...but through it all, all of the computers were fine...and all of the problems were not as a result of any of the computers...so all of our work paid off! The best part about the testing window so far is what I was told from the administrative staff, "That we all appreciate everything you have done for us, and we realize all of the hard work and extra time you have put in...and the fact that your mood and the manner in which you have been responding to issues has been fabulous!" It's always nice to have someone recognize your efforts, and take the time out to share with you how much it means to them. :-)
Monday afternoon I was exhausted!!!! All I wanted to do was go home and take a nap. So I called my one student who I give lessons to...and rescheduled for another time...and that's exactly what I did. I went home...and was lying in bed by 4pm. I think I fell asleep and slept for about an hour...afternoon naps are quite simply the best! Now if it had been raining that would have been better...but it was good to just lay there and relax...and wrap up in the blankets and not have a care in the world. After my nap...I was invited to go for a walk at the park. Now given the fact that I have slacked a little in my efforts to get to the gym...I decided that that may be a good idea. So off to the park!! I didn't realize that to walk around the lake...is a little more than 4 miles. So when we got to the park it was around 630....well by the time we made it around the park..it was quite dark! But oh what a time. The sunset, the water, it was beautiful. Looking around and seeing and experiencing all that God has created. It was perfect!! It's amazing how so often we just walk on by, and don't take the time to stop and enjoy. Well Monday was all about enjoying His work!
And then came yesterday afternoon. Two of my friends and I have formed a Bible study group...and sometimes our schedules are quite difficult to coordinate...so we haven't met together in a while. Well, yesterday looked like the perfect opportunity to meet. So we all agreed to meet at 6pm for dinner and then we would study God's word after. Well, like any good plan...it kinda didn't happen that way.
I had made an appointment to talk with the Pastor at my church on Tuesday at 430. I wanted to get a Christian Male's perspective on life...and all of the challenges and wonderful things that i'm going through. Well as it turns out, he was on a conference call to Hong Kong, something to do with a joint project at the church, anyway our meeting was supposed to start at 430...and I think I walked in to actually talk around 5:15. Yikes!! But I didn't want to pass on this opportunity! So we talked for about an hour or so...sharing stories, and discussing life and how God is working in my life, and has been there all the time...pursuing me. As we wrapped up, and I was getting ready to leave...the Pastor asked me if I had considered being Baptized. I told him that I was baptized back in 1979...but that becuase I have come back to Christ and I'm "home" now, I actually had been thinking about that for a little while. So I asked him for a little more information about the process. So I got in the car and hurried to meet up with my friends for dinner, who had been waiting for me for 35 mins. I felt so bad...I am NEVER late!! Except this time. They were both very understanding, and were excited to hear about my meeting...I shared with them some of what took place...and then we enjoyed a very nice dinner. ( I had a salad...but didn't go to the gym)
As we left two of us hung around for a little while and kept talking. More about what the Pastor and I discussed. About what it means, and how I'm going to continue to live my life the way in which is honoring to God and what that might look like. The more we talked, the better I felt. To have someone to talk to, about God and my thoughts, my feelings, my hopes...in a society that doesn't jump to embrace those things, was very comforting.
As I sat at home last night, I was reflecting on my day...and the many conversations that I had. And I have come to two conclusions that I know are true:
1.) God is present in my life everyday, in everyway and is guiding me along my journey. Down the path in which He has layed before me...and will help me every step along the way.
2.) I can't and don't have to do this alone. That there are many people who He has put into my life to assist me in finding my way and living the life that was meant for me.
I am so excited for the next two months! To see the changes unravel and to see what He has planned. I can't wait for the summer, to be free to follow those dreams and to perhaps realize those hopes as truths...and to begin what I hope and see as the next step of my life. A more fullfilled life, a more connected life...a more God-ly life.
Happy Wednesday everyone!
WOW
16 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment