The past weekend was so much fun! It all started Friday, when I took the day off. I needed to just relax and de-stress from the hustle and bustle of Work. I had some personal issues I needed to deal with, and so it was great to just get away. I spent the day relaxing, ran a few errands...but overall...just enjoyed life and the beautiful weather!
Saturday was scheduled to be a very busy day...and as it turned out, it was! I woke up and made some breakfast...homemade French Toast, mmmm...it was so good!! Then it was off to the pool! Yeah the pool is open. Some friends came over, we packed the cooler with drinks and snacks and off to the pool we went. What a beautiful morning, the sun was out the temp was high...and the smell of sunscreen was in the air. We basically had the entire pool to ourselves, which was nice. After about an hour or two at the pool I had to leave, and head to my youngest daughter's birthday party. Yep, little Emma is turning 2!!
So I left to go to Chuck e Cheese...where "a kid can be a kid". The party was fun, as far as Chuck e Chesse goes, it was a little uncomfortable...with all of the "ex-inlaws" and what not. But I made the best of it, saying hello and being polite. The girls had a blast playing games...and eating pizza and running around. Little Emma even wanted to meet Chuck e Cheese himself. So we got pictures taken with her me and Chuck e Cheese. So cute!! After about 2 hrs most of the people had left, so I said my good-byes and headed home for a bar-b-que party.
I got home around 430ish...and fired up the grill. Burgers, corn on the cob, noodle salad and some other stuff were on the menu! As I fired up the grill and was about to put the burgers on...one of the staff members at my apt building...came up and said that grilling was not aloud. Hmm...maybe I should have checked first. He was cool about it though...he said, "do what you gotta do..and then put it away". So I finished grilling and then doused the flames out.
The food turned out to be really good, and as everyone gathered around the table we said a blessing...and began to eat. I looked around the table at all of my friends and felt really blessed to be able to spend such a good time with people who mean so much to me. It really felt good to have people over, and to see them enjoying themselves so much!
As night approached we started to break out the games. First there was a little Wii action going on. I just got a Wii-Fit, so we had to break it in! And then when played some other games...trivial pursuit...Apples to Apples...etc. Patrick was able to make it this time...and that was really great! My school friends got to meet my absolute BEST friend.
There were definitely some great lines from the evening...and not all of them were/are appropriate for this blog, since my mom reads it :) But, nonetheless, they were hysterical!!! Especially Danielle's comment relating to the cards being dealt to her fast!! ;)
Anyway, Patrick left around 1am....and the rest of us crashed soon after....I was exhausted...I didn't really sleep much that night...not sure if I was too hot, or what, but just couldn't sleep. I finally fell asleep around 4 or 5 in the am...and didn't get out of bed till almost 1130-12.
So Sunday, the girls arrived home around 615. We played cards, and hide and go seek...and of course watched sleeping beauty....then it was off to bed...for all of us!!
Monday morning I woke up with a fever, runny nose...etc...where did that come from?? Not wanting to get the girls sick...I did my best to stay away from them until mom came down in the afternoon. The girls played with play-doh...and watched Shrek in the morning...and when they went down for a nap...so did I. Mom got there about 230-3pm...and from that moment on I didn't leave the bed. Arghh..I hate being sick. Luckily though, it's all in my head, a head cold that is. I think i still may have a little fever, as I am sitting here sweating at work...but hopefully I can kick this before sunday...We leave for the beach around noon!
So I have my medicine, my OJ, and my chicken noodle soup...now I just need someone to take care of me...I'm such a baby when I'm sick...good thing mom is in town!!
But today is a great day!! Little Emma is 2 today!! Happy Birthday Emma Grace!!!!!
Happy Tuesday everyone...
WOW
16 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment