So the past two weeks have been extremely stressful!! EXTREMELY!! Between planning events, studying for my exam and juggling life's surprises, I have managed to get through all of them...and come out on top!
Now, don't for a second believe that it's because of what I did. I had a lot of help along the way!! I'm so fortunate to have people in my life that are willing to step up when called upon to help me accomplish what it is I need to accomplish.
My mom is probably one of those people that NEVER seems to say no, when I need her the most! Knowing when to step in and offer to help, or to just do it without saying anything! The other day, I came home from an extremely stressful day, and unfortunately had a HUGE headache! Without saying a word, Mom stepped in and allowed me to "de-stress" and take some time to relax. She entertained the girls while I recovered from my headache. Mom if you are reading this, the sermon on Mother's day said it all! I love you, and am immensely proud that you are my mom...you have set the standard in which I aspire to reach as a parent. Thank you mom!
I have been studying for the past two weeks for an exam that honestly, I should have taken a little while ago...but as is the norm, life got in the way...but I did take the exam and I PASSED!! I probably didn't study as much as I should have, but my score reflected the way in which I studied. I only focused on the stuff that I knew, I didn't know. It worked!!
I had my cohort classes this week...and I had a lot on my plate for these classes. Thinking of questions to ask the Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, planning for the joint session...and other things. Everything went extremely well. But the highlight for me, was some of my fellow cohort members stopped me during the day, or sent me an email, and said that the really enjoyed the opening of the meeting and all of the efforts that I had put into making everyone feel welcome through my photo presentation. I also received many compliments on my design that we used as the focus of our gift to the members. I really had a feeling of accomplishment. As I reflect, I have realized that I am uncomfortable responding to compliments. I get embarrassed when someone compliments me sometimes, but at the same time, I yearn for that acceptance and recognition. So I have decided that that is something I need to work on.
I have also reached out this week to the Pastor of the church that I attend. I have asked him to set some time aside for him and I to talk about life. Where I am, where I have been, where I want to be, and what I want in life. I look forward to that time when we can sit down and discuss how God has worked in my life, and is showing me today and everyday, that while I make mistakes and stumble along the way, He will continue to guide me and shine light on the path in which He has layed before me.
So looking back on the past few days/weeks...I MADE IT!! I have passed the exam, I have gotten through stress and personal set backs...and I have opened doors to the future. With friends, family and Him beside me the entire time, I know and can say today without a doubt in my mind; LIFE IS GOOD!! I am today Happy, and look forward to what life has in store for me.
Happy Thursday afternoon everyone!!!
WOW
16 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment