Monday, May 4

What a weekend

Posted by John

So they say, April showers bring May flowers right? Well May also brought me a couple other things this past weekend. My first hangover!! :( We'll get to that in a few minutes.

So Friday morning, I took off from work to spend with kiddos. They were going with their mom up to PA for a family event...so I didn't go into work until 11am...we played hide and seek, made pancakes...played games...and of course, watched Sleeping Beauty! It was a great time...and really put me in a great mood for what would be a fantastic weekend.

After coming to work...and doing some tasks for the day...I left and headed to find a dining room table. I was having company over on Saturday night for what we like to call "game night". So, I had meaning to purchase a nicer dining room table for a little while, and was now in the position to actually do it...now the only question was...Where do I buy it from? So after checking online...and looking in stores for a few hours...I basically was frustrated with not finding anything, but luckily I took a friend with me so it really wasn't a big deal...so to the Lacrosse game we went.

I need to say that I really don't understand Lacrosse. I mean, I watched a kid...run full on into another, who wasn't looking at all, and level him...no penalty. Then two minutes later, another kid got his stick tangled up with another kid...that kid fell down....and it's a penalty. Don't get it.

So we left the game and headed to dinner. Gotta love Steak 'n things. Great philly cheese steaks!!
A group of us all got tickets to South County's production of Fiddler on the Roof. The students did an amzing job...and although the show wasn't over until after 10pm...it was worth it. It's been a while since I've seen live theatre...almost 4 years. While sitting there in the audience, I remembered how much I loved being involved in theatre, and couldn't help but think of all the shows I have been a part of. To have the opportunity to be a part of a show again..would be great! I haven't been on stage in 10 years!! Wow, has it been that long? Amazing!!

On to Saturday. I headed off to Ikea to take a look at, and purchase hopefully, the table I found online the day before. Well I ended up getting there early...so I went in to Sam's club...to "look around." Well looking around isn't always the best thing for me. To make a long story short, I bought a 32" flat panel tv for the bedroom (awesome!!!) and then went to Ikea and bought the dining room table/chairs that I saw. Headed back to the house to put everything together...before the party goers got there. Luckily I had some help with putting the furniture together...and getting things set up for the night!!

Ran to the store...to pick up the FEW items, (the list was a page long) needed for preparing the food, and drinks for the night. Came back and started cooking!! Food for the night was a chicken and rice burrito...with a corn casserole...and blueberry cobbler for dessert! YUM!!!!!

As people started arriving, and we sat down to eat...we of course started drinking. Now this is were I probably got in trouble. I started with a few glasses of wine...which turned into a few more. Then we started playing games. The first game was, Disney's SceneIT. Great game...and no, not just because I won!! But let me just say, for being the only guy at the party...I beat three girls by not a small margin...but I'll attribute that to having kids...even though, the other part goers apparantly "studied" disney trivia the day before to get ready to crush me!! We then played a game I had never heard of...called Apples to Apples. Turns out I'm pretty good at that game too...it was a lot of fun!! Anyway, so we're playing...and while I'm still drinking wine, some cosmopolitians are being made and poured...and well, I had a couple. Probably where I made a mistake.

I remember parts of the night...like, being online..talking to Whitney....calling Patrick on my cell...not sure why? And then yes, I did end up dancing on my coffee table...and at one point I remember dancing like Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof.

Fortunately I have great friends who would NEVER hold
any of this against me...or who would have taken pictures
to share with the rest of the world....


oh wait...here's one I was just sent this morning!! gotta love it!

But the best quote from the night was "I'm stuck between my body and pigs"
~ nice one Marissa :)

Anyway, that night was interesting on many levels...I ended up getting sick through the night 3 times...blah...don't miss those days from college. And the next morning I was hit with something I have never had to deal with before. A hangover!! Usually, in college, I was always able to roll out in the am, and was fine. Not this time!! I woke up with an extremely fragile stomach, and pounding head. The stomach thing left around 11am that morning...but the pounding head stayed with me and "comforted" me pretty much the entire day. Oh well, I guess what they say about it catching up to you when you get older is true. Just another gentle reminder that I'm almost 30.

So this morning when I woke up at 5am...it was nice to feel normal again...and ready for a what could be a great week!! A freind of mine is turning 25 on Thursday, so there should be some good times involved with that!

Well, that's all for now friends....Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My tunes