Friday, April 10

A tisket a tasket I found my easter basket

Posted by John

Ok, so no, I really didn't find my basket...but do you remember the joy of waking up Easter morning...and going on the "hunt?" This was always a big deal for me growing up. I remember one year my basket was hid in the oven, and then another year it was hid in the dryer in the laundry room. I remember that in the basket there was not only candy and chocolate...but also some sort of "spring" gift. Most of the times it was a new pair of sneakers! AWESOME!! Other times, it was a t-shirt, or something small like that. It really didn't even matter to be honest, the thrill of finding the basket and trying desparately not to be the last one to find it was all worth it.

I have other memories about Easter morning as well. Growing up there were the three boys, my brothers and I, and our parents. I remember we used to get "Easter outfits" for church. I remember a couple times standing outside Easter morning and getting our pictures taken. For some reason, I can remember wearing white pants, and a red striped shirt one year. Not sure if I remember it for a good reason, or if it was tramatic enough that it sticks with me. I realize now, that my mom was just really excited to have her boys, all dressed up and looking sharp..and she wanted to be able to look back later and remember us that way. I feel the same way about my girls now...I want to capture all of the moments I can on my camera...because I am starting to realize just how fast time is going. When Bailey got her haircut...it nearly broke me heart...because I realized..."my baby is growing up."

Anyway, this Easter should be fun...not sure what I'm doing yet...I am excited to see an Easter musical at church on Saturday....but as for the day itself, Sunday, not sure. I may just end up going to my church in the morning...I may go to DC for sunrise service, which sounds great!! Either way, He will be in my thoughts, and in my heart. God is so good!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My tunes