Wednesday, July 8

Never a dull moment

Posted by John

Hey everyone!! Wow it's been a long time since I have updated this blog. So much has been going on. Where to begin...where to begin. Well it's July!! The long awaited month...so many expectations...and so many things are finally coming to an end. I cannot express how trying this past year has been. So many ups and downs...and bad days and good days...and horrible days. Days where I haven't eaten at all...and days where I couldn't stop eating. Mood swings from moment to moment...and days of complete peace. Ah-July...I never knew it would be this great!!

It all started in June actually....Rascal Flatts!!! Yep went to my first concert in probably 4 years. Loved it!! Took the van and filled it with some great friends...a variety of beverages..and headed to Nissan Pavilion for what turned out to be a Fabulous day! Darius - from Hootie and the Blowfish, opened the concert. Are you kidding me?? It was Hootie!! And yes, he did receive some "hootie" calls when he first came out. But then as they died down...he filled the venue with his concert heart-felt vocals. Not what I expected...but really good! Then came Rascal!!! What a spectical!! Not knowing what to expect - other than great songs to sing along with...I was completely satisfied. The show was amazing!

Then came July!! MJ needed to move out of her townhouse...and back in with mom and dad. So I unloaded my van...put the seats down...and between, her mom, dad, laura, her and I....I think we carried almost everything that IKEA and Target have ever sold!! So much stuff!! And we are not done yet! ~just kidding MJ! Anyway, about 4 car loads later...most of the big stuff is safely stored away in MJ's storage unit...and ready for the next step.

The property settlement agreement is finally signed!! Which means many things, 1. everything has been decided as it relates to the kiddos, holidays, summers, personal stuff, all materialistic things, finances, blah blah blah. Which means now the date can be set!!! whew!!! It feels so good to finally say that! With the PSA finally being signed and notarized...the clock is now ticking on refinancing, or selling, or trading the cars. Both cars are in both names...so according to the paperwork...that needs to be changed. So I started weighing my options. Due to the fact that I owed a little more than what the van was worth...refinancing was really not an option. So just out of curiousity, I headed to Carmax..to see what I could do.

To my surprise, they appraised the van for a respectable amount of money. So I couldn't help but explore my options. So I took a 2008 Ford Edge for a test drive, and immediately wanted to buy it! Knowing that I should probably process all of these thoughts...I decided to take the offer for the van...and think about it for a week. I prayed about it...for guidance...and I prayed for the ability to make a sound decision for not only myself...but for the girls. (more to come)

So then, July 4th came upon us. So MJ, Marissa and I took

the girls to the Fairfax parade the morning of the 4th. Parked the van...and walked to the parade. As we watched the parade, I quickly found out that Bailey does NOT like clowns.

But the girls both love flags!!

So we watched the parade, and cheered on the dancers, from Bolivia, the firemen and policemen who protect us and keep us safe and giggling at the silly men in tiny cars!





We collected tons and tons of candy, free stuff (mostly from banks) and got lots of sun!!



As the parade ended and we headed back to the van...the girls were a little fussy, definitely in need of lunch...and a nap. We all packed into the van...and were ready to go home. Well we were ready, the van wasn't. It would not shift out of park. No matter what I did...it wasn't going to move. Finally after a few not so nice words...and some thinking, I found a release mechanism that allowed the van to shift...and I was able to get the girls home. Well, after fighting with the kiddos for a nap...and myself needing a nap...the house was finally calm and quiet. I then began planning for the rest of the day. What to do....I really wanted to have a cookout, but couldn't have one here...so who could host? Well MJ, said that her parent's were willing to have us all over, so Sammy-J, Marrisa, MJ and me and the girls all headed over for a cook-out at the rushing's!!!! It was a great time!! Good food, the girls had a blast running around...and hanging out with MJ's parents and sister was just what I needed.

After the cookout we headed for the fireworks. So we all climbed into the van, and headed out. We found a spot from which we would have a good view of the fireworks. We broke out the bugs spray, and popsicles...and waited for it to get dark. Finally the fireworks started...and what a show. The girls were not afraid, and watched the entire show. Neither Bailey nor Emma could sit still, but they both seemed to enjoyed the show.

The next day, mom came down...and we talked about the van...and she said take it in to the dealership to have them look at it. So they did, and they found the problem...and so many more :( So I decided to pay for the one part that would get the van to work...then took it back to Carmax...and well, traded it in. Good-bye minivan, hello Ford Edge. I LOVE my new car. OK, ok, so it's a used car, but it's new to me!! And it's all MINE.
I prayed so hard for the right answer to be presented to me...and God once again, answered my prayers. Just when I thought that things were going south, and the van was going to burden me financially...He provided a solution that would take care of the situation. God is good!!
So now, I have a new car, the girls love it!! The countdown has begun for "D-day"and life can finally have some much needed closure.
As I wait for that day, I keep praying that all will be done according to His plan...and that not necessarily what I want...but what He wants.
~Until next time friends

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My tunes