So this is the day that is reserved for not having to cut the grass, clean the garage, or do the household chores. This is supposed to be a day of lying in the hammock, or playing golf. Well, Thankfully, I don't have a yard to cut, or garage to clean anymore. But since Bailey or Emma don't know or understand how to do all the chores, I still had to do those. And well, since I don't have a yard, I couldn't lay in a hammock...and well, it's hard to play golf when the girls are here...because, well, can't take them with me..and no one was here to watch them.
So then what was my Father's day like? Well.....
The girls and I woke up this morning around 8am and headed off to Church. The girls love going to church and sunday school, and this morning was no different. Bailey came out of sunday school so happy that they sang a song that we have been singing around the house for a while. "Father Abraham" Although, they didn't quite sing it the same way we do here...but nevertheless, she made the connection and it was a good thing.
The sermon today was all about Relationships. The echoe that burns inside all of us to be a part of a relationship because God has created us in His image. And that because of that we need to have relationships, because the trinity is a perfect image of that. That God the father, God the son, and God the holy spirit are all in perfect relationship with the others. So it was interesting to hear Pastor Rod speak about relationships, and how we as men (because of the father's day tone) should strive to be the leaders, or initiators of fostering healthy relationships especially at home. The point that stood out the most to me was, when he talked about spending the moments with our children, and showing them that learning about God is not a once a week activity. He talked about ways to show children the teachings of God throughout the week, and how to help them learn about God and become faithful followers of Christ. ~Great sermon today!
Then we came home from Church and had breakfast for lunch. The girls wanted waffles...so we made waffles, and juice and milk...and watched Pocahontas. Then it was supposed to be time for a nap. So they layed down around 1pm. And around 3-3:30, they were still awake. So much for a nap :-/
Well while they were having "quiet time" in their room, I was busy cleaning up from lunch, and cleaning out the 30 gallon fish tank. Since CJ the turtle is on one side of the room, I figured that if I set up the fish tank it would balance out the room...and provide a little extra light in the dark side of the living room. So I scrubbed out the tank, and started setting it up for the fish.
Well since the girls didn't nap, I figured now would be a great time to head to Pet Smart, and pick up the new fish. As we were looking around the store for potential fish...Bailey found the ones she wanted. She picked the smallest fish, and the most colorful as well. Yellow ones, pink ones, red ones, blue ones. Makes the tank quite colorful. Oh and of course, since we needed new gravel for the bottom of the tank, Bailey and Emma both picked pink gravel.
Well we picked up the fish, and MJ came and surprised us at the pet store...to wish me a Happy Father's Day...and to say hi to the kiddos. Which was great, because since they didn't nap, it was nice to have an extra set of hands!
Well we got home, set up the tank, and put the fish in. Evidentally, not all the fish were strong swimmers, because we already lost one, RIP (blue fish). But the tank looks great, the girls love it...so that's all that matters.
So not quite the relaxing Father's Day that I was looking forward to...but thankfully my mom is here now, and she took the girls for a walk, so that I could have some quiet time. So all in all it was a good day. Back to work tomorrow, and the start of another week...but school is out, so no kids, and only a few teachers will be in and out...so it should be easy to get a lot of work done.
Well time for bed, goodnight everyone...
WOW
16 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment