They say you are only as old as you feel, well last night then I aged from 29 to 59! WOW!! I played tennis yesterday afternoon with a friend from school, and as it turned out...it was a lot of fun! I had not picked up a tennis racket in almost a year..so I had my concerns as to what direction the ball would travel after coming in contact with my racket. I was however, surprised that most of the time it went in the right direction...that being said, I did "sky" a few of them. :) It started to rain a little towards the end, which was a good thing...it felt great, and really helped to cool things down. However, it made the court a little slick, and well...this is when I started to feel old. I went for a shot that normally wouldn't have been a big deal...the perfect setup for a forehand cross-court strike. Well, I slipped on the court, and when I made contact my arm was awkwardly straight...this sent a sensation up my arm, and after the ball hit my racket I dropped the racket. Not purposely, but because I couldn't feel anything! Yikes!! It didn't hurt, it just felt extremely awkward...like my shoulder had come out of the socket or something. I separated my shoulder in high school playing football, and that hurt...this felt similar but without the pain. Now, being a competitive guy, and not wanting to admit that I probably should have stopped...I rubbed it a little..and kept playing for about 30mins. Definitely didn't hurt, but really didn't feel that great either.
I then met up with another friend for Bible Study, and as we were discussing a chapter in Isaiah...the "pain" or discomfort, came back. No big deal, when I left I took some tylenol in the car..and by the time I got home...I was fine, so I thought :(
I made dinner, had planned on watching the NCAA tournament, when my body...screamed for my attention. I started to experience a huge piercing headache...that would stay with me through the night. And after lying on the couch for 45mins...my shoulder was now really a problem.
So, off to bed....and if I didn't move...my head felt ok...but my shoulder wasn't allowing me to be still...so as you can imagine, sleep was interrupted...for a few hours...Finally, looking at the clock around 12:30...I started to fall asleep...and I awoke around 4am...feeling sick to my stomach...evidentally all the tylenol...in my system...and the dinner I had the night before weren't agreeing :(
So I slept 'til almost 8am...hit the shower, thankfully my headache is gone...the pain in my shoulder is still there...but it's definitely better than yesterday :)
So what is in store for today....well probably more tennis this afternoon...and definitely need to get to the gym today...I'm determined to feel 29 again!
WOW
16 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment