So I left at 715am...heading out to PA to visit the family. Easter egg hunt, dying eggs, ham dinner, what could be better?? Well, as I was driving north...with little traffic to contend with...I was listening to a CD made by a friend. I found myself singing and moving to the music. This CD has got be one of my favorites right now, filled with worship music, inspirational adaptations of familiar songs. My favorite has to be "Amazing Grace" by Chris Tomlin. I must have sang that song at least 5 times in a row!! Then of course there are the favorites of John Waller, Casting Crowns and of course, Michael W. Smith. What a great CD!!
I finally arrived at the house I grew up in around 11am. After spending some time with the kiddos, and grabbing a bite to eat...it was time to hide the easter eggs. The girls had an absolutely wonderul time finding the eggs!! All four of the girls had an easter basket waiting for them, and a bucket to put the eggs in. Once they had found all of the eggs...it was time to see what was inside them. Emma is definitely a chocolate lover....and Bailey certainly has a sweet tooth for the candy.
It was a great day in the Shaffer household, and both Nana and Granddad were smiling with joy from the 4 grandkids and their excitement!! We then had our Ham dinner prepared by mom...and everything as usual was delicious!!
The rest of the evening was fairly quiet, watching a little hockey
and basketball for the guys...and let's not forget about movie time which featured "Sleeping Beauty" - Emma's favorite!
So it's off to church in the morning...then some lunch...and time to hit the road...it is definitely a short trip this time...but a great trip nevertheless! Thank God for family!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment