Sunday, April 12

Time for reflection

Posted by John

So the show Saturday was amazing! After the show some friends and I went out for dinner. Great food!! Better company and conversation!! It's amazing how when you are with friends...the rest of the world just kind of slips away. That's how it was yesterday...telling stories from our youth...remembering things from the 80's like, the smurfs, fragle rock, the cosby show, different strokes, silver spoon, and on and on. It's amazing how TV right now is so different than what it was before. Insane!!

Anyway today, Easter Sunday, was a great day!! Started off the day at church for the 945 service..and it was a good service...definitely was different. There were light sticks, that were passed out, 4 different colors. The whole idea was there was a screen and flashed different colors..and the congregation was to hold up their light when it flashed on the screen. Anyway, it was just an unusual way to worship...but there was something about it that was fascinating!

After church, I came home and got some lunch...I was invited to a friend's house for Easter dinner...and so my plan was to head there around 3pm. On my way I decided to drop in on another friend, who i haven't seen in a few days...and it was really great to catch up and talk to her. So we chatted for a little while and then I was off to dinner.

Dinner was great!! Ham, lamb, potatoes, dessert, breads, wine. It was fabulous!! I felt so welcomed, and accepted in another family that I had not previously met. The conversation around the table was that of what my family is like...sharing the days events, past experiences, trips...things going on in their daily lives. It was just like being around the table in my parents' house.

It's amazing how when you can't be around the ones you want to be around...God provides alternative plans. He certainly provided for me today, exactly what I needed.






So as I lay my head down tonight, I pray the following:



Dear Lord, thank you for all of the blessings you have bestowed upon me in the past few days...thank you for the opportunity to be with friends, and to be able to enjoy their company and friendship. Help me to be a better father, a better friend, a better son, and a better man. Be with the ones I love, and protect them tonight. Help them to find your grace, as I have found in you.

~Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My tunes