So last night I was sitting awake in bed, for the, I don't know, the 10th night in a row...not able to fall asleep. So I'm lying there kinda going through my day...and thinking about how Bailey was really sick, and is now feeling better...although the change in her behavior and energy level from being sick to being well...is remarkable. I came home the other night, and Bailey was lying on the couch and normally she comes running to the door crying, "Daddy!!!" Not this time :( This time I walked the entire way into the apt...and there she was, lying on the couch under a blanket, with this very week smile on her face...and said, "Daddy, I don't feel good." So that being her low point...last night must have been her high point. I came home from work..and she comes..running down the hallway, "Daddy, I feel better today! Obviously, a huge change from the day before...still not eating that great...but eating nevertheless. So she finally went to sleep last night around 9:30, if that says anything about the level of her energy. It's amazing how children change your outlook on life. They reshape your priorities...and crystalize what things are important.
I find myself thinking more about family these days...I try to talk to my brothers, throughout the week...and I definitely talk with my mom and dad weekly. I make it important to have "family time" with the girls whether, it's during dinner time, or playing in their room in the evenings. I have also been thinking a lot about the next stage of my life...and who I will be sharing it with. I know what type of person I want to share my life with, someone who is loving, kind, honest, open, close to God, has a great relationship with their family. Someone who loves who I am, and encourages me, and inspires me to be better. Someone who, loves and accepts my two young girls. And most importantly, someone who wants me to share in her hopes and dreams, and wants me to be a part of them.
As I sit here today, I'm sure that God has put people in my life to get me through steps of my life, and as they come and go...I reflect on what their purpose was and how it has helped. Ever since coming to SCSS, there have been a multitude of these people in my life. Some to be there for the rough times...some for the good times...and some who have opened my eyes to what could be GREAT TIMES. It's amazing how God works sometimes...especially when you're not looking for those next moments...He guides you to be in a situation where, at times, you get a glimpse of His grace, and feel His love.
I am in that place right now. Seeing His will, feeling His love and excited about the future and the path that lies at my feet.
WOW
16 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment